26.3.13

Baroque Couture - Week 4

WEEK 4:
Mon 11th - (10 to 5)
During the weekend Elaina had added the lace to the bodice of the gypsie dress so today we worked together to cut, make and add the skirt/train to the dress. I also altered the length of the underskirt silk dress to 'above the knee' as we decided it would be better to see bare skin behind the lace layers.

Wed 13th - (1:30 to 6)
 Today I met 2 new clients of Elaina's, who she is making gowns for. Gemma lives in London and is getting married in the summer, Elaina went over ideas and initial designs with her while I spoke with Joy who is Gemma's wedding planner. Gemma tried on a toile for her first fitting and Elaina took the deposit. The second bride was Caroline, who is also getting married in the summer. Caroline was unsure about the neckline she wanted so she tried on a number of dresses in the store. I helped out with this as well as keeping her guests company, making tea and taking photos for Caroline on her phone. Elaina also took the deposit for Caroline's dress, but received the full payment from her mum 2 days later. 

Thur 14th - (10 to 5:30)
 In the morning, Elaina and I designed 2 more dresses we would like to make in the summer as well as plan to make a tailored jacket in the next 2 weeks that I would teach Elaina how to make.  Lyn Stevenson came in to try on her completed dress, I took photos of her in it as we were going to put up a 'bride wall' in the design studio and Lyn was our first bride. Elaina kept the dress to give it a final steam and clean up before Lyn collects it next week. We also went to Mansfield to see Rebecca from Vintage Raven. I had a chance to see her studio and all the new pieces she had made and all the designs she has for her private clients. We all had a nice cup of tea and collected some new stock from her to display in Baroque Couture. It was lovely. That evening a model of Elaina's was visiting the shop to try on the gypsie dress to wear at the Wedding Fayre this Sunday.




Fri 15th - (12 to 6)
 The gypsie dress didn't fit the model at all so Elaina asked me if I could wear it for a photoshoot instead of a wedding fayre as I was unavailable to go to any fayres.  I tried on the dress and we altered the waist darts and bust cups to fit. Elaina then finished the bodice by adding lace embellishments whilst I decorated and customised garters to sell in the shop.
Helen (the bride who I did the alterations for) has still not come to the shop to try on her dress to see if it is ok, I'm getting really worried as she is due to get married in around a week. Oh dear.





Blog Page Navigation

Views

© Copyright Amber-Louise Snow