1.9.11

D.I.Y Mermaid Dress



[gallery ids="282,299"]


I have a photoshoot next week at a lake and it`s been a real struggle to find a big floaty dress that will look 'mermaidy' in the water, so I have decided to make one.

I've used these beautiful pictures of my favorite alternative model 'Audrey Kitching' doing a water shoot as inspiration for the dress.

[gallery columns="4" ids="107,147,171,203"]

I am using the flowers from an old necklace to add a girlie detail to the dress, an old blue dress i've never actually worn and a selection of pastel coloured netting and taffeta which I will attatch to the dress in different places to add the 'floatiness'.

Hopefully this will work, i'll show you when it`s done.

[gallery ids="233,265"]

Here it is, I think it looks ok. It`s not great.

Blog Page Navigation

Views

© Copyright Amber-Louise Snow